Yield 30 truffles
What you will need
- 1 bag of our Simply Keto Nutrition Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup low carb chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons refined coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the entire bag of Simply Keto Nutrition Peanut Butter Cookie Mix with the unsweetened almond milk, butter, egg and 1/4 cup of the peanut butter until a soft dough forms.
- Separate the dough into 12 even balls, using a 1 1/2 inch cookie dough scoop, according to package instructions.
- Use a fork to flatten each cookie, creating a traditional criss-cross pattern.
- Bake the cookies for 7-10 minutes until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool for 15 minutes.
- To make the truffles, place the cooled cookies into a food processor with 1/2 cup of peanut butter. Pulse until a cohesive dough forms, adding an extra tablespoon of water if needed.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a smooth ball. Repeat for the remaining dough.
- Place the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet to chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl, mix the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Place into the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Then, continue mixing in 15 second increments until fully melted, being careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Use a toothpick to dip each cookie ball into the chocolate and gently swirl until fully coated. Let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and chill for at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days for the best freshness.
Notes: If you wish to make a half batch, simply make the entire tray of cookies, then use only 6 of the cookies to make the truffles. Just be sure to half the amount of peanut butter used in the food processor to 1/4 cup. Then, you can enjoy 6 fresh baked peanut butter cookies and 15 peanut butter cookie truffles.