Yield 8 cookie bars
What you will need
For the cookie bars:
- 1 bag of our Simply Keto Nutrition Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the white chocolate frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s (powdered) erythritol
- 3 ounces low carb peppermint white chocolate chips*, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, as needed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x5-inch baking pan with parchment and a light spritz of cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk a full bag of the Simply Keto Nutrition Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix with the heavy whipping cream, water, coconut oil, egg, vanilla, and baking powder until well combined. The dough should be thick.
- Scrape the dough into the prepared baking pan. Wet your hands with a bit of water then press the dough out to fill the pan in an even layer.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Allow the cookie to cool completely before spreading frosting on top. When cooled, spread with frosting and top with sugar-free crushed peppermint candy if desired. Cut into 8 even pieces to serve.
To make the frosting
- Melt the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds, then stir and microwave for an additional 10-15 seconds until fully melted and smooth.
- In a second medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the softened butter and erythritol until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Fold in the white chocolate chips until the frosting is smooth. You may need to add 1-2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream to reach your desired consistency.
Low-Carb White Chocolate Chips: I used Lily’s Peppermint White Chocolate chips for this recipe. If you can’t find them, feel free to use plain low-carb white chocolate chips and add 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract to the frosting.