What you will need:
- 1 full bag of our Simply Keto Nutrition Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons full-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet low-carb chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk a full bag of the Simply Keto Nutrition Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix with cocoa powder and baking powder until well combined.
- Stir in the melted butter, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, egg, vanilla extract and water until a thick batter forms.
- To melt the chocolate chips:
Stovetop (Double Boiler Method): Place a large glass bowl over a pot of boiling water on the stovetop. The bowl will gently warm and melt the chocolate chips. Stir gently with a rubber spatula until completely melted.
Microwave: Place the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave using 15 second increments, stirring between increments until fully melted. Be careful because they can easily burn.
- Fold the melted chocolate into the batter until well combined.
- Prepare a muffin tin with muffin cup liners and a light spritz of nonstick spray. Fill 8 muffin cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the top looks set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
Allow the muffins to cool completely before taking them out of the tin, about 20 minutes.
Store the leftover muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days for best freshness.
Chocolate Chip recommendation: Lily’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
For a bakery-style presentation: If you wish to use lots of chocolate chips on top for presentation, sift the Simply Keto Nutrition Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix over a large mixing bowl with a fine mesh strainer to separate the chocolate chips before mixing it with any other ingredients.
Take a portion of the chocolate chips and set them aside into two piles. One pile for chips you want to put back in the muffin batter, and one pile of chocolate chips for topping the muffins.
Continue the directions as usual, then fold the chocolate chips from the first pile back into the mix after stirring in the melted chocolate. Just before baking, top the individual muffins with any remaining chocolate chips that were separated from the mix.