What you will need
For the coffee cake:
- 1 bag of our Simply Keto Nutrition Cinnamon Swirl Muffin Mix
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granular erythritol
For the crumb topping:
- 1/2 cup blanched finely ground almond flour
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons granular allulose
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold salted butter, cubed
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered (confectioner’s) erythritol
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment and a light spritz of cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk a full bag of the Simply Keto Nutrition Cinnamon Swirl Muffin Mix with the almond milk, egg, butter, vanilla, baking powder, and erythritol until well combined. The batter will be thick but should be stirrable.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish and prepare the crumb topping.
- For the crumb topping, place the almond flour, pecans, erythritol cinnamon, and butter into the food processor. Process on high for 20-30 seconds until the mixture resembles slightly wet sand. It should be able to stick together between your fingers and form small balls when pressed. If it’s too dry, add another 1/2-tablespoon of cold butter.
- Sprinkle the batter with the crumb topping. Press some pieces together between your fingers for larger crumbs and break others apart for a variety of sizes and shapes.
- Place the baking pan into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Begin checking for doneness at 20 minutes. When done, the edges will be browned and a toothpick inserted should come out mostly clean. If the center feels mostly set but jiggles a little, this is normal. It will set completely as it cools and the almond flour firms up.
- Serve at room temperature. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days for the best taste.
- Optional drizzle: Whisk together the cream cheese, erythritol and heavy cream together until smooth. Add an extra tablespoon of water if you want a thinner consistency. Lightly drizzle on top of cooled coffee cake.