Yield 6 scones
What you will need
- 1 bag of our Simply Keto Nutrition Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cold butter, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the entire bag of Simply Keto Nutrition Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix with the egg, vanilla and almond milk until a thick dough forms.
- Use a box grater to grate the cold butter into the bowl and use a rubber spatula to fold it into the dough evenly. You should be able to easily see pieces of butter in the dough.
- Lightly spray a workspace on your counter with cooking spray and turn the dough out onto the workspace. Press it into an 8-inch round, then cut it into 6 even triangles.
- Place scones onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, but begin monitoring for doneness at 8 minutes. When done, a toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean and the tops will be golden brown.
- Allow 15 minutes to cool before serving.
Note: Cold butter is very important to the rise of these scones. The flakes of butter release steam in the oven, which gives the scones their texture. It’s ideal to freeze your butter for 20-30 minutes prior to baking. This will make it firm enough to grate and stay frozen until baked.